Wedding Gifts

Untitled

Hey there! Today I have some wedding gifts to share: a crocheted table runner, a personalized embroidery, a set of candlesticks and a "first Christmas" ornament.

Untitled

I found this vintage Double Wedding Ring Tablecloth pattern on Ecrater, and used the motifs to make a table runner instead of a full sized tablecloth. This was a time consuming (but worth it) project, so I'm glad I started right after I heard about the engagement!

Untitled

I used Aunt Lydia's size 10 crochet thread with a steel 7 (1.65mm) hook. The final size after blocking was about 27.5 inches by 38.5 inches.

Untitled

I really love how it came out! (And you have no idea how many times I told myself "why didn't I sew in the ends as I went instead of doing it all at the end?!?!)

Untitled

On to the embroidery. I printed my design (which you may recognize from here), and traced it onto cotton fabric with a water soluble marker.

Untitled

I put it into an 8 inch embroidery hoop, and with (all 6 strands of) embroidery floss, stitched away!

Untitled

I just love the "lazy daisy" stitch- made the perfect leaves!

Untitled

I also turned a set of 10 and 8 inch oak taper candle holders.

Untitled

I stained them with Minwax's Weathered Oak stain, which I loved! Unfortunately the color proved very difficult to capture in pictures! (Aren't those candles so fun? Hobby Lobby!)

Untitled

And lastly, a Christmas ornament I made with the help of my handy dandy Silhouette Cameo. I made a vinyl stencil, painted with acrylic paint, and sealed it with artist's varnish.

What are your favorite gifts to give for weddings?

Comments

Popular Posts